SIEGEL MANNEQUINS HISTORY
Siegel & Stockman has been making tailor’s dummies, window bustforms, mannequins and accessories hangers since 1867.
Stockman’s mannequins are famous worldwide thanks to the accumulation of knowledge and skill passed from generation to generation. These mannequins are used by the finest Haute-Couture and fashion industry companies. Handcrafted in the workshop near Paris, Stockman’s bustforms have the elegance and the refinement of the French Savoir Faire.
Specializing in tailor’s dummies, Stockman has been reflecting women, men and children’s body shapes for 150 years. Stockman mannequins are made from papier-mâché which gives them longevity, resistance and charm. A Stockman bust is an heritage. Moreover Siegel & Stockman got the ‘Entreprise du Patrimoine Vivant’ French label in 2012.
The most important part of the Stockman’s activity is the production of display busts, mannequins and accessory stands for stores to show off clothes and fashion accessories. Most famous international luxury brands and department stores and most influential concept stores choose Stockman’s products.
- 21 July: Start of Nanasai Craftwork Limited Private Company at the site of Kyoto Shimazu Family Property, coordinated mainly by Mr. Yoshikichi Mukai (Molding Creator) and Mr. Yoshizo Shimazu (Founder of Shimazu Mannequin).
the former office building of Nanasai Craftwork Limited Private Company the place of origin:Higashinotoin-oike Nakagyo District
- October: Nanasai Craftwork Limited Private Company and Nanasai Service Limited Company merged, becoming Nanasai Craftwork Limited Company.
May: Osaka Office (Souze Town, Kita District, Osaka) opened.
June: Nagoya Contact Office (Current: Nagoya Sales Office) and Fukuoka Contact Office (Current: Fukuoka Office) opened.
- July: Tokyo Contact Office (Kanda-Ogawa Town, Tokyo) opened.
- June: Tokyo Contact Office moved to Shinagawa, Tokyo. Tokyo Factory opened.
- February: Tokyo Contact Office moved to inside of Kanda-Nishiki Town Building’s Shimazu Manufacture, becoming Tokyo Sales Office.
- April: Tokyo Sales Office became Tokyo Office.
June: The first FRP-made mannequin in the world was developed.
- March: Nanasai hosted “Light Artwork Society” exhibition to present pottery crafts produced by painteran artists and engravers.
March: The first FRP-made Darna Mannequin “FF series” was announced.
- May: Sapporo Branch (Current: Sapporo Sales Office) opened.
July: Sales of Industrial Draping Body “Fairlady” started.
- July: Kanazawa Contact Office (Current: Kanazawa Sales Office) opened.
- September: New Head Office Building completed (Yamanouchi-Ikejiri Town, Ukyo District, Kyoto).
the new Head Office Building office building of Nanasai co.,ltd.
- May: Okayama Contact Office (Current: Okayama Sales Office) opened.
- July: Osaka Office Suita Warehouse completed.
- January: Sendai Contact Office (Current: Tohoku Sales Office) opened.
September: Hiroshima Contact Office (Current: Hiroshima Sales Office) opened.
September: Kyoto Governor General No. 13661 for Building Contractor’s License obtained.
- Store Design/Interior Department was setup internally.
- January: Sales of the USA top mannequin supplier “Guernica Mannequin” started in Japan.
- July: Tokyo Product Center moved to Nishiura, Funabashi City.
- December: Company name changed to Nanasai Limited Company.
- VP team was setup internally to deal with VMD.
- December: Sasebo Contact Office (Current: West Kyushu Sales Office) opened.
- October: Cabinet Minister General Approval No. 13661 via Governor General for Building Contractor’s License obtained.
- May: Thailand Nanasai was setup (Bangkok, Thailand).
- A department was setup to target bridal sector.
- July: Cabinet Minister Specified Approval No. 13661 from General Approval No. 13661 for Building Contractor’s License obtained.
December: Beaulieu Nanasai was setup in Seoul, South Korea.
- April: Kagoshima Contact Office (Current: South Kyushu Sales Office) opened.
- The Certificate of ISO14001 was obtained for 4 offices at Head Office, Head Office Product Center, Tokyo Product Center and Osaka Product Center.
- October: House-Design department of Wacoal Limited Company was merged and succeeded.
Nanasai Limited Company Wacoal Interior Division was setup.
- May: Nanasai Limited Company was setup in Shanghai, China.
- December: Head Office’s address changed from Ukyo District to Minami District in Kyoto.
- January: Osaka Product Center was setup in Juhachijo, Yodogawa District, Osaka to have both functions of factory and distribution.
November: Shinkiba Studio in Tatsumi, Koutou District, Tokyo was setup to merge East and West Studios.
the building of Osaka Product Center
the building of Shinkiba Atlier
- August: Thailand Nanasai and SRP.A (Display Division of Saha Group) merged, and setup SRP Nanasai.